Monday, May 28, 2012

The Shadow


The moment you were gone a dark Shadow crawled into my room. The Shadow touched my face gently and seductively whispered poisonous words. It never offered me heaven or bliss; it just stretched out a hand inviting to fall down together. And we fell. We fell in love and out of grace. Intoxicated. We were intoxicated by smoke of burnt remains of what once used to be a loving heart. The Shadow embraced me tenderly locking its clawy paws around my neck so I couldn't break out of this passion. Just rapture of the moment and desire for more which can never be fulfilled accompanied the Shadow.



 And then you came back bringing me strength to step out into the light and part with the Shadow. To scare away the Shadow I put on an ugly mask. Where there used to be beauty I now wear ugly scars. I wander along spring streets in my sinister mask not daring to look at passers'-by faces fearing to see disgust in them.

 You are gone again and I don't call for the Shadow anymore. I am scared the Shadow won't like me in this revolting mask.

I taste the bitter realizations of how fragile beauty is, and how easy dreams slip away once the grip is lost. I linger here amazed by how one's lost beauty became the price for one's crumbled heart to restore its wholeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment